Simple Network Tester is a free trial software application from the Network Monitoring subcategory, part of the Network & Internet category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2008-09-10. The program can be installed on WinXP, Windows2003, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Windows Vista Ultimate x64.
Simple Network Tester makes network testing easier than ever. Measure network performance by sending test data between agents installed on any two Windows PCs. Tests cover:
* Available bandwidth
* Response time or latency
* Voice and video streaming quality
Simple Network Tester's unique web-page user interface makes remote network testing as easy as browsing the web. Tests are saved as normal browser bookmarks. This means you can consolidate all your tests in a single document, email them to other people to run, or create a troubleshooting page on your company's intranet.
Simple Network Tester is also a convenient traffic generator. You can use it alongside other network testing tools. You can send data through your network between any number of pairs of PCs without requiring cooperation from anyone at those remote locations.
Simple Network Tester is quick and easy to install: where your users work, in each remote location, and alongside your web, email and application servers.
* Test connectivity and measure data transfer rates.
* Measure how long it takes for a packet to travel to and from your most remote location.
* Check the quality of voice and video by testing for jitter, packet drops, and out of order packets.
* Document benefits from network improvements by creating before and after test scenarios.
What's New? We're proud to announce the release of version 3.0 on February 13, 2008. Version 3.0 adds many new features and recommended bug fixes. Along with a new, streamlined user interface, you get:
* Streaming tests now simulate a "jitter buffer" which accumulates and re-orders incoming packets. Along with all new high-precision timing code you can better simulate VoIP calls and video presentations.
* Quality of service. You can optionally set the Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) and the 802.1p priority bits on all traffic streams (file copy, latency test, streaming.)
Simple Network Tester (version 3.2) has a file size of 3.86 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 81 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.